Closed cell spray foam insulation is growing in popularity across the country in homes of every shape and size. Why? Lots of reasons. For instance:
- It has a high R-value.
- It doesn’t settle.
- It expands and conforms to any space.
- It prevents air leakage.
- It minimizes the growth of mold and mildew.
- It reduces drafts and noise.
- It’s good at keeping out insects and other pests.
What does all that mean? I’m glad you asked…
- Closed cell spray foam insulation has one of the highest R-values available. The R-value of insulation indicates how effectively the insulation resists heat flow. The higher the R-value, the better its resistance.
- Unlike conventional insulation which flattens or “settles” over time, closed cell spray foam resists settling due to its rigidity and stability.
Ability to Conform to Surfaces
- Closed cell spray foam insulation works great in hard to reach nooks and crannies in places like crawl spaces and attics. Since it’s sprayed on, it penetrates every inch of the area being insulated better than anything else can.
Minimizes Air Leaks
- Minimizing air leakage reduces the load on heating and cooling (HVAC) systems, saving money.
Minimizes Mold and Mildew
- Air infiltration causes condensation, which can lead to mold and mildew problems. Since closed cell spray foam insulation minimizes and even prevents air leaks, it eliminates the condensation problem.
Fewer Drafts and Less Noise
- Closed cell spray foam insulation reduces drafts for increased comfort. It also absorbs sound to reduce noise.
Less Chance of Insects and Other Pests Invading Your Home
- Because of its ability to fill every nook and cranny, there’s less chance for bugs and rodents to invade your space!
Given its many advantages, you’d be hard pressed to find a better insulating product. A+ Insulation is the go-to Kansas City insulation installer for closed cell spray foam insulation. Contact us today and start enjoying its benefits in your home, too!
A+ Insulation is proud to announce our involvement in a historic restoration project of a century-year-old grain silo in downtown Kansas City. Having served the Kansas City area for over 12 years, it’s an honor being part of this tremendous local project.
The grain tank was originally constructed around the turn of the century and has truly withstood the test of time. However, years of neglect have wreaked havoc on this prominent fixture in the downtown area.
Restoring A 100 Year-Old Grain Tank
We’re not simply re-insulating this structure, our involvement in the restoration goes way beyond that; here’s a brief summary of how our experience and expertise is being used to accomplish the monumental task of restoring this piece of Kansas City history:
First, we removed the 100-year-old insulation and thoroughly cleaned the four silos. This required us to go into the structures and safely dispose of all the existing insulation.
Then we started rehabbing and re-insulating the inside and outside of the silos. In order to protect the tanks from future damage, we installed corrosion preventive coating to make sure these historical silos can withstand another century of corrosion.
After the corrosion base coating was applied, we finally installed a durable spray foam insulation that will prevent winter condensation, further protecting the silos from exposure to moisture and air.
Finally, the team at A+ will update the silo with exceptional new insulation, concluding our role in this remarkable effort to renew a piece of history for another 100 years.
We feel both grateful and privileged for this opportunity. We updated these silos with exceptional insulation and gave new life to these 100 year old pieces Kansas City of history.
A+ Insulation can tackle any size job. Nothing is too big or too small. Just ask our 7,000+ satisfied customers. Call (913) 381-2250 or (816) 268-7511 to schedule your free estimate or click here.